Thurles C.B.S. was founded in 1816 by William and Thomas Cahill. This year we celebrate our 200 years in Thurles. The composite monastery and school was situated in what was then known as Pudding Lane. It catered for both primary and secondary pupils and the School has a long standing academic reputation.
In 1979 a spacious new secondary school was opened. During 2002 – 2003 the school was extensively refurbished. New windows, flooring, ceilings were put in place and together with repainting, C.B.S. Thurles is now a more modern, comfortable place for learning.
Recent years have seen the installation of a complete new electrical system, involving a new intercom and class bell system, fire alarm system as well as all electrical services. All to this the extension built to accomodate the expanding woodwork/construction subjects, the new P.E. Hall and you get an idea of the development and expansion of Thurles C.B.S. Better still, come and visit the school to see for yourself.
It is the aim of our school to contribute towards the development of all aspects of the individual. Particular emphasis is placed on providing an appropriate balance between personal and social (including moral and spiritual) development.