Learning Support, Learning Resource and Special Educational Needs
CBS Thurles is committed to the creation of an inclusive, supportive learning environment for all pupils, increasing their participation in, and reducing their exclusion from the curricula, cultures and communities of local mainstream educational institutions.
Aims of Learning Support and Special Educational Needs
- To foster and develop an all inclusive learning environment in which all pupils, no matter what their difficulty, are enabled to experience success and to achieve their full potential within our school community.This service is designed so that all pupils are enabled to:
- participate fully in the school community
- develop to their full potential
- acquire the basic personal skills, social skills, literary skills and numeracy skills needed for life
- develop in a supportive environment in which they can enhance their individual talents
- experience success develop a positive self image and self esteem
Special Educational Needs
The broad aims of education for pupils with special educational needs reflect those relevant to all students and include
- enabling the student to live a full life and to realise his or her potential as a unique individual through access to an appropriate broad and balanced curriculum
- enabling the student to function as independently as possible in society through the provision of such educational supports as are necessary to realise that potential
- enabling the student to continue learning in adult life.
Our Learning Support team will work with you and your son to ensure an inclusive and engaging learning environment combined with our goal of providing a high quality education for all our students