Logging into your new Office 365 account
All students are asked to log in to their Office 365 account to access their school email and Teams, which is where students and teachers interact online. This also gives every student access to the full Microsoft suite of apps such as OneNote, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sway.
All students will have received their email and temporary password.
The below video will help students with logging in for the first time:
Opening an incognito tab in a search engine such as Google may help if students are finding conflicts with other accounts using the same device. Please see below for instructions to help:
Here is an overview of the steps involved:
- On your computer or smartphone, go to office.com & click sign in
- Enter your Microsoft 365 school email – if information is already filled in and you need to sign in to a different account, click ‘Switch to another account’.
- Enter your password: provided to you by ITSystems or Mr. Butler. This is a temporary password).
- A new page will appear, where you will enter a new password twice
Enter your new password in both boxes. It must:
- Be 8 characters in length
- Have at least one capital letter
- Have at least one lower case letter
- Have at least one number
- Have at least one symbol (!, &, %, # etc.)
Take careful note of the password as you will not be able to change it again, without the system administrator. Write it somewhere in your journal. Do not tell anyone where it is is written.
The following links may be of support to students and parents. If you have any questions or issues speak to Mr. Butler, Ms. Slattery or Mr. Dunne.