Some work experience students will require to be Garda vetted. This process can take up a number of weeks so we strongly advise to apply well in advance of the scheduled start of the work experience.
The Garda Vetting Process
Click on the links below to download the NVB 1 – Vetting Invitation and NVB 3 – Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
Carefully read the instructions before completing the form.
- For persons aged 16 or 17 Parent’s /Guardian’s email address must be entered in Email Address field, NOT the applicant’s email.
- Submit hard copies of both completed forms to the TY Coordinator.
- The school will send the documentation to Joint Managerial Body (JMB) for processing.
- JMB will send the e-vetting invitation to the email address provided on the NVB 1 form. The Parent/Guardian will need to accept the invitation and complete the action requested.
- There is a timeline within which this action is to be completed, otherwise the vetting request will expire and the student will need to reapply.
- JMB will process the application.
- Once the Vetting Disclosure is issued by the National Vetting Bureau, JMB will forward the information to the school.
- The school will notify the student once her Vetting Disclosure is ready for collection.